WHAT WE DO
CTT is a group of volunteers who work throughout the year to develop Cahersiveen's public and green spaces. From planting to painting, from beach and street cleans to renovating landmarks and creating greater biodiversity, we focus on increasing the towns green footprint and supporting local businesses with our activities. Through Social Media we promote all our great local green businesses such as Rocket Deliveries, which delivers organic veg with zero plastic packaging.
We work with local residence associations, the Cahersiveen Alliance, KCC, SKDP, The O'Connell Adult Education Centre and local businesses and schools. We are very grateful for all the support we get from the town, including their sponsorship of our fundraising events and their help in applying for grant funding.
We meet every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7pm in the Marina Office, Quay Street - come along and get involved or contact us and let us know your ideas for Greening Cahersiveen!
Recent projects have included:
- Collaboration with Colaiste na Sceilge and The Men's Shed in building Bat Boxes and Insect Hotels for local parks Check out our Bat Boxes in the Abbey Graveyard.
- Working with Supervalu and Conlons Designs to erect Take 3 for the Sea themed signs on our local beaches to help decrease plastic pollution.
- Planting bulbs and trees/shrubs in the OConnell Memorial Park, St Josephs Terrace, The Bank of Ireland, and along Carhan Road - many thanks to the Bank of Ireland and Kerry County Council for sponsoring these.
- Fund raising Quiz events during Christmas - made possible by the fantastic support of our local businesses - which allowed for 2 Mega Raffles of local products and services. We will run fun events throughout the year to raise funds and awareness of what we do. Follow us on FB to keep updated.
- Running a Crisp Recycling Scheme in town, partnered by Supervalu, Mike Murts, The East End Bar and The Fertha - packets are sent off to Terracycle to be repurposed into pellets for building items such as garden furniture. We have recycled over 20 KG of waste so far! More details.
- Supported by Clean Coasts we run regular beach cleans in Cuas Crom and The White Strand - See more on the great work they do.
- Taking part in our yearly St Patrick's Day Parade, highlighting the need to say no to single use plasticand to reduce or reuse where possible.